The best way to describe BOA is as a ‘lint roller’ for the skin. BOA will give you immediate proof that it's working with visible results you can feel under your fingertips. Your dead skin cells will form into rice-like particles which roll off as you massage the exfoliant into your skin. Once you stop feeling these particles, BOA's job is done.
Your BOA experience will be highly individualized to your specific skin and its needs, working only where and when you need to exfoliate.
How to use BOA
- BOA works best when you have minimal make-up on. (Make-up can act as a film, sometimes reducing the effectiveness of BOA)
- Make sure your face is slightly wet for BOA to work its magic!
- Push up on the bottom of the BOA stick, and then gently apply the product directly onto your face
- Start massaging the product into your skin in a back and forth motion
- After a little while, you will start feeling rice shaped particles under your fingertips - these are your dead skin cells and exfoliation has been activated. Keep massaging and more will form.
- Particles don't form on some areas of your face? If all you feel is the smooth product being massaged into your skin, you're all good. Only healthy skin here, which needs to stay put.
- Stop feeling the particles as you massage BOA into your skin? You're done!
- Now that your exfoliation is done, while some people like the moisturised feel of jojoba on their skin, others prefer to rinse BOA off with a gentle cleanser and apply their own moisturiser.
How often to use BOA
The beauty of BOA is that it will tell you when and where you need to use it. Only taking away the dead skin cells means BOA is a safe, gentle but incredibly effective method of exfoliation for everyday use if required. Most people will need to use BOA 1-2 times per week.
Based on the average usage, your BOA stick should last you between 6-8 months.
New to BOA
For first time users, we recommend using BOA every day until it stops working for you. After this, you can then space out your usage to 1-2 times per week, on an as-needed basis. This will vary according to different areas of your face and also vary from person to person.
Your cleaner, smoother, resurfaced feeling face will look flawless and fresh, resulting in a naturally bright, glowing complexion.