WHAT IS BOA?
BOA is a unique mineral exfoliant crafted from naturally derived ingredients and is specifically designed for use on the face and the body to rejuvenate the skin and maintain a healthy skin balance.
BOA does four things really well:
- Deeply cleanses and exfoliates the skin;
- Removes layers of dry, flaky dead skin cells, impurities, and bumps, while leaving healthy skin in place - untouched
- BOA is highly individualized to your skin, only exfoliating when and where you need it
- Leaves your skin hydrated and moisturized
BOA is a no-nonsense exfoliator that promises to deliver softer, smoother, more radiant and healthy skin, making your skin the perfect canvas for whatever comes next in your skincare or makeup regime.
WHAT IS SO SPECIAL ABOUT BOA?
Your skin is different from everyone else's. Where you need to exfoliate and how much you need to exfoliate is unique to you and often varies from day to day. It also depends on what else are you using on your skin. Your experience with BOA is highly personalized: It is an intelligent exfoliator, seeking out and removing only when and where you have dead skin cells, leaving the healthy skin in place. BOA will continue to work until all the dead skin cells have been removed.
Unlike any other exfoliator on the market, BOA provides the user with an immediate visual signal - you can actually see exfoliation happen before your eyes as your dead, flaky skin cells roll off in your fingers as you massage the product into your skin, almost like rice-like grains.
When you no longer see any residue forming, you know your skin is clean and all dead cells have been swept away.
All this causes zero irritation, making BOA the perfect choice for sensitive skin.
IS BOA RIGHT FOR MY SKIN?
Because BOA is a non-invasive product (does not react on your skin or does not alter your natural skin pH) it is suitable for all skin types except for skin with certain medical conditions.
If you have dry, oily, acne prone, non-inflammatory acne (white heads and black heads), or sensitive skin then BOA will work beautifully on your skin. Also, with BOA, age is not really a factor. You control how much pressure you apply as you massage your skin. BOA is also a perfect complement to AHAs and BHAs. Together, as a preventative tool, they can clean the pores from inside and out giving you a great exfoliation system to fight acne and pesky skin bumps like Milia.
If you have Rosacea or any types of contact dermatitis, inflammatory acne (Papules, pustules, cysts) or any other types of skin medical conditions, we suggest you consult with your dermatologist before using BOA.
HOW DO I USE BOA?
- Make sure your face is slightly wet for BOA to work its magic! BOA works best when you have minimal makeup on. The make-up can act as a film which can get in the way of BOA finding your dead skin cells.
- Gently smooth the product directly onto your forehead, cheeks, and chin using the BOA stick
- Start massaging the product in a back and forth motion
- BOA will roll away flaky skin cells and leave you with the feel of silky smooth skin. After a little while, you will start feeling rice shaped particles under your fingertips - these are your dead skin cells. Keep massaging and more will form. Once you stop feeling these particles, then BOA has done its job.
- If you don't have any dry skin in certain areas of your face, you will not feel any residue or particles under your fingertips. All you will feel is the smooth product being massaged into your skin.
- Rinsing BOA off is optional. While some people like the moisturized feel of jojoba on their skin, others prefer to rinse BOA off with a gentle cleanser and apply their own moisturizer.
- Enjoy your smooth, clean, resurfaced, radiant #nomakeupneeded skin
I AM NOT GETTING ANY ‘BALLING’ OR ‘PILLING’ OF DEAD SKIN CELLS
If you have dead cells (which we all do), BOA will remove them! If your dead cells aren’t coming off, here are a few reasons why…
- Make-up and oil: Make-up can act as a film which can lead to difficulties detecting the dead cells. Try washing your face first and try again.
- Have you exfoliated recently? Remember, BOA only works where there are dead cells. In this case, try this area again in a week and use BOA where you haven’t exfoliated recently.
- Your skin is too wet: If you feel like you are just pushing wet clay around your skin, your skin could be too wet. BOA works best with slightly damp skin (just patting your wet hands on your face works well) and massage BOA in with DRY fingers.
- Practice on your forearm: BOA is so unique and takes a little practice to get the right technique for you. But once you get the hang of it, you’ll fall in love with BOA. Try using BOA for the first time on your forearm (this is an area with lots of dead cells and minimal oil/makeup) and you will see the effect BOA can achieve on the rest of your body.
BOA HAS LEFT A FILM ON MY FACE
Once you complete the exfoliation, rinsing with water just removes the clay and minerals but the jojoba waxes are left behind. It's a personal preference as to whether you like the feel of the jojoba on your face, but if you don’t, all you have to do is use your favourite cleanser to wash the jojoba away. Your skin should feel fresh and clean.
HOW OFTEN DO I NEED TO USE BOA?
The beauty of BOA is that it will guide you in how often and where you need to exfoliate. Because BOA will only work when and where you have dead skin cells, you can use your results as a guide.
If particles keep forming under your fingertips, then continue to use BOA. Once particles stop forming, BOA has done its job and you have no more dead skin cells.
When you first start using BOA, we recommend you use it every day until it stops working (meaning, you have no more dead skin cells). After this, you can self-regulate using on an as-needs basis. This will vary according to different areas of your face and also vary from person to person.
HOW LONG WILL MY BOA STICK LAST?
If you exfoliate 1-2 times per week, your BOA stick should last between 4-6 months.
HOW MUCH BOA DO I NEED TO USE?
BOA is not a mask and you only need to apply a fine layer or film of BOA on your face.
WHO IS BOA FOR?
Let's face it - we are all searching for smooth, clean, healthy radiant skin, which is why exfoliation to renew the vital healthy skin cells and resurface the skin is universally appealing.
BOA’s unique formulation leaves skin silky smooth, with a deep clean, making it the ultimate skin preparation treatment, transforming your skin into a perfect canvas.
CAN I USE BOA WHEN I AM PREGNANT OR NURSING?
Yes, BOA is safe to use when pregnant or nursing. It is one of the safest methods of exfoliation to use when pregnant, as it is made of natural ingredients and has no active agents, so there is nothing that will react with your skin. It is purely a topical product with no skin penetration, making it safe for pregnancy.
MY BOA IS TOO DRY. WHAT CAN I DO?
Fear not, your BOA is not old! BOA is a resilient product with a shelf life of more than 15 years. Because BOA is a clay and mineral-based product, it can lose some moisture if stored in dry conditions, but the moisture can easily be reabsorbed back when BOA is rehydrated without compromising the integrity of the product.
Here are some options for increasing the hydration of your BOA:
Option 1: You can leave the product in your shower. The steam from your shower should rehydrate the product and make it ready for use. This may take a few days depending on the length of your showers.
Option 2: Just boil some water or use saline solution (the key here is sterilized solution). Make sure it is cooled down to room temperature and put a few (10-15) drops of cooled (boiled) water on the top of your clay stick. Rehydration will occur over a few hours.
Option 3: If you have not used the product, send the unused product back to us. We will be happy to send you a replacement product with a gift to cover your postage. Depending on where you are, your postage should be about $6- $8.
WHAT IS BOA MADE FROM?
We are all about safe, functional and ethical skincare at BOA. That's why we crafted BOA from naturally derived ingredients. It is not rough or abrasive. It contains no harsh additives or acids or chemical peels and is, therefore, gentle and non-irritating, perfect for sensitive skin.
READ MORE ON OUR INGREDIENTS HERE
WHY DO I NEED TO EXFOLIATE?
Exfoliation means removing dead, flaky cells and impurities that lie on the surface of our skin to reveal the next layer of new healthy skin cells beneath. Exfoliation, therefore, speeds up Collagen production and improves cellular renewal; skin regains a uniform tone and texture, the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles are reduced. The result is skin that is smoother with a newly discovered glow and radiance that translates to a look that is healthy, natural and beautiful.
WHERE IS BOA MADE?
BOA is made in the USA. BOA Skincare is an Australian company and our headquarters are in Sydney and Melbourne.
Still got questions?
Email us at email@example.com and we will give you a call. BOA is an incredible and very unique product. We love to answer customer questions because we want to ensure you are getting the most out of BOA. No one who uses BOA the right way will ever be disappointed.